Your cart is currently empty.
How to Transfer files from Android to MacBook
It is well known that Macbook users cannot browse files from Android smartphones natively, It is why Android File Transfer was created. Although it works fine over USB, it lacks the capabilities that other comparable programs have. We've compiled a list of the most efficient and straightforward methods for transferring files from an Android phone to a Mac.
Ways to Transfer Files from Android to MacBook:
MacDroid: Simple Method for Transferring Files from Android to Mac
MacDroid is a simple and minimalistic tool that allows you to transfer files from your Android device to your Mac computer and vice versa. The software comes in two forms: free and PRO. The primary distinction is that the PRO edition allows you to transfer files from Mac to Android.
This app's best feature is that it allows you to see files from Android directly in the Finder. Aside from that, it lets you deal with any type and size of file and move whole folders across devices. Choose one of the two supported file transfer connection options, MTP or ADB, and enjoy the procedure.
How to Use MacDroid to Transfer Files:
You can transfer files from Android to Mac with a click. To transfer files, perform the following steps:
- First and foremost, ensure that you have downloaded and installed MacDroid on your Mac.
- You must now connect your Android handset to your Mac with a USB cord.
- After that, select MTP mode and pick the phone you just connected.
- On your phone, a window will appear in which you must pick the File transfer option.
- To make the appropriate connection, click 'Mount.' You may transfer files from your Android phone to your Mac or vice versa.
Android File Transfer allows you to transfer Android files to your Mac:
Android File Transfer is Google's approach to solving Apple's Android problem. It's a simple software that has long been a popular choice. While it lacks the capabilities and speed of MacDroid and the convenient wireless synchronization of SyncMate, it's still a good alternative if you're searching for a simple way to move files around. Follow the instructions below to use it to transfer files from Android to Mac and vice versa.
How to Use Android File Transfer:
- First and foremost, you must download and install the application from their website.
- Then, double-click AndroidFileTransfer.dmg.
- After that, drag Android File Transfer to your apps folder.
- Using a USB cord, connect your Android handset to your Mac.
- Now launch the AFT program. Tap the Charging by USB notice on your phone.
- Wait for the Use USB for a pop-up to appear, then select File transfer. You can quickly transfer files from Mac to Android and vice versa with the AFT application.
AirDroid App - Wireless File Transfer from Android to Mac:
AirDroid is a system that allows you to transfer files from an Android phone to a Mac device and check messages, take screenshots, and do other things. You can also enable mirroring, which displays your phone's alerts on your laptop in real-time.
The program is also available as a standalone application; however, you may control your phone via the AirDroid web client. Also, the free edition of AirDroid only allows for 200 MB of file transfers each month. You must purchase their membership to boost the capacity to 1 GB, which does not enable you to transmit infinite files.
How to Use AirDroid:
- Download and install the AirDroid application on your Android phone from the google play store.
- Alternatively, access the webpage in a browser on your Mac.
- Create an email-based account on a website. You can also join up with your Facebook, Google, or Twitter account.
- You may now wirelessly transfer files from Android to Mac or vice versa.
Google Drive is a quick and easy way to share files between devices:
Google Drive is one of the most widely used file-sharing services. It's free, has limited capacity, and instead of transferring files from Android to Mac through USB, it uses an internet cloud. It has certain advantages, especially for moving smaller files, but it isn't ideal for transferring entire folders or bigger files.
It's not quite as good as SyncMate or MacDroid because you're posting and downloading rather than transferring files, but it does the job.
How to Use Google Drive for Transfer:
- First and foremost, you must create an account. You'll immediately have a Google Drive account if you utilize a system like Google Mail.
- To move files into the cloud, open Google Drive on your browser and select the upload option.
- All you have to do now, whether you're using a Mac or an Android device, is download the files, and you'll be able to browse Android files on your Mac.
Using SyncMate to Transfer Files from Android to Mac:
We strongly propose SyncMate as an alternative to MacDroid for transferring files from Android to Mac. It's a beneficial tool that allows you to manage data between two devices, guaranteeing that any changes made on one are mirrored on the other. The fact that SyncMate can function wirelessly is fantastic. Once configured, it will automatically sync files as they come into range.
How to Use SyncMate:
- The first time you use SyncMate, you must connect and install the module via USB.
- After installing the module, click it and check the box for wireless synchronization.
- Check that your Mac IP address is in the list of trusted connections.
- All you have to do now is tweak the settings, and you can automatically sync files between Android and Mac via Wi-Fi.
We hope you found our article on transferring files from Android to Mac helpful, specially if you've got smartwatches that you need to shift data for. As you can see, there are numerous ways to transfer files from Android to Mac, each with its advantages. Choose the one that fits all of your needs.